In Clínica Beltran y Obradors we have incorporated the Neural Therapy technique, also called German Huneke Acupuncture, for 5 years to reduce the recovery time and post-operative discomforts, improving the result of the interventions and preventing them from turning into possible interference fields.
The experience has been so positive, that we use it daily, minimizing the need for other types of treatments such as analgesics, anti-inflammatories, etc.
We have expanded the medical service to offer NEURAL THERAPY to all types of patients who can benefit from this technique, which treats all types of disorders, whether acute or chronic, related or not with previous surgeries, and that can affect overall health of the person.
Let’s briefly explain what this treatment and its effects consist of.
What is Neural Therapy?
Neural Therapy means treatment on the Nervous System, especially on the Vegetative Nervous System (VNS), formed by the sympathetic system and the parasympathetic system, which function autonomously, controlling all bodily functions.
The purpose of Neural Therapy is to facilitate the self-healing mechanisms of the diseased organism, and as a regulating therapy, it seeks his own path through in-specific stimuli at specific points.
The scientific foundations of Neural Therapy begin in the investigations of the Russians Pavlov and Speransky, in the early 1900s and later in those of the German brothers Huneke.
This therapy is practiced mostly in German-speaking countries (Germany, Austria and Switzerland), and some of Latin America, where it came from the hand of Dr. German Duke, who had met in Germany. In other European countries and in the USA Neural Therapy is a more minority practice.
How does Neural Therapy work?
Any infection, inflammation, trauma, surgery, scar, odontological condition, etc. suffered in any part of the body, as well as stressful psychic affections, can act as an interfering field causing the cell to weaken and become ill.
So we can understand how from a surgical intervention may appear “diseases that are apparently not related to this operation” such as allergies, migraines, pain or constipation; or how a child who has suffered many tonsillitis and has received different suppressive treatments ends up suffering from asthma after a few years, etc.
To neutralize these irritations, a very diluted local anesthetic (usually 1 or 0.5% procaine hydrochloride), which has a high electrical potential (290 millivolts), is used and injected into micro-points at the points of the nervous system considered to be more irritated and that could be determining factors in the disease. Procaine repolarizes and stabilizes the membrane potential of the cells, thus allowing the VNS to recover and stabilize.
How long does it take to improve with Neural Therapy?
The improvement achieved with Neural Therapy can be immediate and usually increases with repetition, until the absence of symptoms. Unlike pharmacological therapy, in which the organism eventually becomes habituated to the drug, it being necessary to change it or increase the dose to achieve similar effects, here the improvement is usually more lasting and the symptoms less intense, due in part to it acts on a point of the SNV less and less irritated.
Are there any side effects?
Adverse reactions are extremely rare. However, inflammatory reactions can occur at the injection sites, which usually remit spontaneously in less than 24 or 48 hours. These reactions tend to be, although annoying, self-healing signs.
Sometimes the reaction sappear after a while, for example, after treating a person who comes for allergic asthma, you can reappear tonsillitis like you had in your childhood, and this may indicate that repetition of tonsils are one of the causes of your current asthma (interfering field) and are the next point we should treat.
How does this therapy work in surgery?
When used during the surgical procedure, a significant decrease in bleeding and post-operative pain is observed.
Afterwards, successive treatments improve healing, both internally and externally, shortening the recovery time and significantly improving the outcome of surgery, both functionally and aesthetically.
RELATIONSHIP WITH DENTISTRY
Many of the interference fields are found in the head, reaching up to 70% of cases, with the mouth and tonsils being the most frequent causes. That is why in many occasions we request a panoramic radiograph of the maxilla and mandible (orthopantomography), where the presence of any dental pathology can be assessed.
Persistent or recurring health problems:
Interfering fields exert strong stimuli on the nervous system and can lead to the establishment of persistent or recurring health problems anywhere in the body. In the same person can coexist several interference fields. Classical medicine does not recognize its existence.
Interfering fields may have developed where, at some point in the person’s life, there were:
- an inflammatory or infectious process: tonsils (pharyngitis, angina, diphtheria, mononucleosis, scarlet fever); adenoids; sinuses of the face (sinusitis); ears (otitis), central nervous system (meningitis, encephalitis); liver (hepatitis); vesicle; pancreas; lung; bronchi; stomach; intestine; appendix; kidney; bladder (cystitis); prostate; penis (venereal); ovaries; uterus; vagina (infections); abscesses; ulcers; etc.
- a scar due to surgery or wound in the skin, mucosa, muscle, viscera, tendon or bone (fracture).
- a traumatism (hit, fall, physical aggression).
- dental problems: extractions scars; a devitalized piece; commitment of the dental pulp (nerve) by a deep arrangement; granuloma; residual bone infections; cysts; odontomas; inflammatory or infectious processes present or past: periodontitis, gingival pockets; pieces in an anomalous position, retained, semi-retained, displaced or inclined; healthy wisdom teeth without their own space or in contact with the mandibular nerve canal; embryonic pieces; remains of roots; pieces used as bridge pillars; metals (implants, bolts, amalgams, hooks, prostheses); endodontics with over-filling of the filling material that irritate the underlying bone; orthodontics in adults and occlusive disorders (bite).
- the physical memory of an affective, emotional or psychological damage (stress, loss, sexual abuse, torture, etc.).
- a foreign body (metal, glass, suture thread, talcum of gloves, etc.).
Once the noxious stimuli have been eliminated from interfering fields, the bodily functions recover their normality and the organism begins its healing process. Many times the changes are fast.
Our task is to find the source of irritation of the nervous system and solve it. The organism will take care of its own healing.
This treatment technique has helped us so much, that we have completed the Master of Neural Therapy and Neurofocal Dentistry that is being studied at theUniversitat Autonoma de Barcelona (UAB), and we have incorporated it into our clinic, in a Neural Therapy service with 3 specialists.
Although it is a technique that is relatively little known in our country, there is abundant literature on the subject.
And regularly courses, masters, international congresses, conferences etc are organized to share our experiences.